Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Quotes

I have to admit I'm a collecter of quotes. I love the compact, pithy sayings of others who can get the point across so much better than I. Here's my favorite. I read it to my family but didn't get much more than a grunt, so I have it on a piece of paper on the fridge. Maybe over time its meaning will sink in. "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." This was written by a man, Jim Elliot, who gave up his life to take the gospel to a hostile tribe in South America, and gained an eternal reward. When he said that, he meant it.
I'll look back in my journal and share some more treasures in the weeks to come.

1 Comments:

At 9:02 PM , Blogger Josh said...

It is a great quote Mom. Very thought provoking.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home